#Durga pooja special recipe sondesh..
Bengali desserts are very popular in all over India and even in some other well known countries as well. The reason behind it, its unique taste and look. Sandesh is a speciality of Kolkata(Bengal).
In Bengal, sandesh is a speciality to serve as a dessert. You can get this sweet easily in any restaurant or hotel anytime, but the occasion when it become an speciality is Durga Pooja. There are many variations of prepare this recipe like almond sandesh, cashew sandesh and all flavors, but today i am gonna share a very simple and basic recipe of sandesh.
1.5 liter milk
2 table spoon lime juice
1/3 cup powdered sugar
4 green cardamom (crushed)
Pistachios for garnish (optional)
1. To prepare this recipe first boil the milk on high heat in a thick bottomed pan.
2. As soon as milk starts boiling turn off the heat and then add lime juice in it. Keep on stirring the milk very slowly with a spoon.
3. In about 2-3 minutes complete whey will be seprated from paneer, pour the curdled milk into pan or bowl lined with a thin cotton napkin.
4. Once you are done adding all the curdle milk then bring together the edges of the cotton napkin and gently squeeze out the remaining whey from it.
5. Rinse the collected bundle of paneer/chhena in water this will get rid of the after taste of lime juice.
6. Now take a pan and add this paneer/chhena in it.
7. Now add powered sugar, crushed cardamom in it, and cook it on medium flame for about 4 to 5 minutes.
8. Then remove the pan from the heat and devide this mixture into 11 equal parts or equal small balls.
9. Now give them simple round shape or your desire shape.