As we all know Sabudana/Tapioca has lot of health benefits, it is rich in proteins, good source of carbohydrates and a great energy booster as well. There are multiple ways to add tapioca in your diet, you can make crunchy snacks, desserts and also appetizers from it. Today i am going to share an easy and healthy recipe of Tapioca, its Sabudana khichdi..
This is very delicious, healthy and gluten-free dish. In north India, sabudana khichdi is mostly prepared during fasting time, like Navratri, Shivratri and others. To make this khichdi, we cooking tender tapioca pearls with roasted peanuts, fresh coriander and sautéed potatoes together with some basic spices. If you are preparing it without any fasting, that time you can add your favorite vegetables and spices in it to make it more flavorful and more delicious. As we know, Its very healthy dish, so it can be served to all age groups. Serve this khichdi with Pomegranate raita, vegetable raita or plain yogurt and enjoy the taste of it.
1 cup sabudana/tapioca/sago seeds
1/2 tea spoon cumin seeds
1 medium potato
1 table spoon lemon juice
1/4 cup roasted peanuts
3 to 4 green chillies
2 table spoon clarified butter/ghee
50 gram fresh coriander (finely chopped)
Rock salt to taste
Water as needed
1. Firstly wash sago seeds and then take 1 cup of water in a big bowl and soak the washed sago seeds in it for about 4 to 5 hours.
2. After around 4 to 5 hours, sabudana will fluff up and sabudana grains looks moist.
3. Now wash and peel the potato and cut into cubes and then boil 2 cups of water in a deep pan and cook the potato cubes until tender. Then drain the water and keep the potato cubes aside.
4. Then heat clarified butter/ ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds in it, after few seconds add roasted peanuts, chillies, coriander in it. Then add boiled cubed potatoes and saute them for a minute.
5. Add prepared sago seeds in it and mix well then add salt and lemon juice in it and again give it a nice mix and cook on low to medium flame until sabudana looks translucent.
Now sabudana khichdi is ready to be served..serve it with plain yogurt or vegetable raita.