Holi is the one of biggest festival in hindu culture, which is on its way and soon date going to arrive.
So just to make this occassion more big, more sweet and more memorable, i am going to share one of the most popular sweet recipe in healthy style and that is sugar free baked gujiya.
Gujiya is one of the main dessert of holi festival.
Here i am using mixed dryfruits and dates to fill gujiya, it makes them more flavourful and ofcourse guiltfree ( as it is baked option).
100 gram all purpose flour
50 gram wheat flour
2 table spoon pure ghee (clarified butter)
200 grams mixed dry fruits
1/2 cup coconut powder
2 table spoon dates paste
1/4 cup milk(luke warm)
Pinch of salt
1. To prepare them, firstly take a big bowl add all purpose flour and wheat flour in it.
2. Now add 1.5 table spoon of pure ghee and pinch of salt into it, and mix well.
3. Now knead soft dough with the help of luke warm milk.
4. After kneading cover and set aside for 20 minutes. Meanwhile prepare the filling of guijya.
5. For filling, you need to chop all dryfruits and nuts then take a bowl and add all filling stuff together and mix them very well.
6. Now divide the dough into 14 equal parts and make smooth balls from them.
7. Now take a ball and roll it with the helps of rolling pin. Roll it into circular disc approximately 4 inch in diameter.
8. Now place 1 tablespoon of filling on one side and bring another side together and close it.
9. Press the edges of mould to seal gujiya, remove excess dough portion from mould which is visible outside and then gently remove the gujia from the mould. (Meanwhile preheat oven to 200 ℃)
10. Likewise prepare all gujiya, then with the help of brush, apply some melted ghee over them.
11. Now bake them in preheated oven for 13 to 14 minutes or until they become golden in color.
Now healthy gujiyas are ready to be serve….Enjoy Holi with this special treat…..Happy Holi!