Badami Paneer is one of the most popular vegetarian curry recipe from Indian cuisine.
As we know almonds are high in healthy fiber, protein and various important nutrients, so this dish is not only delicious in taste but even it’s healthy too. It’s rich paneer recipe cooked in almond based gravy. Normally during winters, consumption of dry fruits/ nuts going high, especially almonds as it helps human body in preventing cold, so this is the best option for lunch in winters, and even during any season, it’s a best option for party meal as well.
You can serve this dish with rice, roti, paratha or with any bread of your choice.
400 grams cottage cheese(cut into desired shape)
1/2 cup Almonds
1/4 cup lotus seeds (roasted)
2 medium size onions (chopped)
4 tomatoes (chopped)
1inch ginger piece (chopped)
1 green chilli (finely chopped)
4 green cardamom
1 black cardamom
4 to 5 black pepper
1 star anise
1/2 tea spoon turmeric
1/2 tea spoon kashmiri red chilli powder
1/3 spoon coriander powder
1/4 tea spoon mixed spice
2 table spoon oil or butter
12 to 13 almonds
(soaked and peeled)
2 table spoon cooking cream
Salt to taste
1. To prepare this recipe, firstly soak the almonds in a bowl of lukewarm water for about 60 minutes, then peel off the skin of almonds and make a smooth almond paste of it and keep aside.
2. Meanwhile take a pan and heat 1 table spoon cooking oil in it, then add chopped onion and all whole spices in it and saute for about 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Now add chopped tomatoes in it and saute until the rawness of tomato is completely disappear. Then switch off the flame and keep it aside and let it cool.
3. Now with the help of blender make smooth paste of it, then keep aside.
4. Now heat remaining oil or butter in a pan add cumin seeds, turmeric powder, chilli powder and mix well and then add prepared gravy in it, stir well and that time add half cup of water in it.
5. Now add remaining spices in it and mix well. On medium flame, cook it for about 8 to 9 minutes until traces of oil appear over the gravy, then add prepared almond paste in it and mix it well.
6. Now add cottage cheese cubes, some soaked and peeled almonds and lotus seeds in it, mix well and let it boil for couple of minutes. Then add 2 table spoon cooking cream in it and mix well.
Now turn off the flame and garnish it with fresh coriander leaves or as your choice then serve hot with prathha, roti, rice or as your choice…Enjoy😋