We all are very well aware about it, that Oats is very healthy to human body. Oats is a multitasking ingredient, we can make dessert, snacks, appetizers and many more from it.
It is very nutritious, full of fiber and of course more than enough to cover your stomach if you starving.
So today i am gonna share a healthy and scrumptious recipe of Oats, this is mixed vegetables oats idli. In this recipe, along with Oats i also used some rava and yogurt which gives slight sour taste, and pinch of baking soda to get the soft and fluffy texture. So lets begin to make these yummy mixed vegetables Oats idli now.
1/2 cup Oats
1/2 cup semolina
1/2 cup yogurt (whisked)
1 tea spoon urad daal (split)
1 table spoon peanuts
1 table spoon cooking oil
1/3 tea spoon asafoetida
1/3 tea spoon roasted cumin seeds powder.
2 green chilli (finely chopped)
1 inch ginger piece (grated of finely chopped).
1 small carrot (finely chopped).
1 small onion (finely chopped).
1 small capsicum (finely chopped).
8 to 10 curry leaves (fresh or dry)
1/2 tea spoon mustard seeds
1/4 tea spoon baking soda
50 gram fresh coriander (finely chopped).
1 table spoon lemon juice
Salt to taste
1. To prepare Mixed vegetables Oats idli, first of all heat a pan and dry roast the oats and semolina separately.
2. Now coarsely ground the Oats with the help of mixer grinder.
3. Now take a big bowl add the whisked yogurt in it, then add semolina and Oats powder in it.
4. Now add all chopped vegetables(except onion), salt, cumin power in it. Mix well.
5. Now heat the oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When the seeds crackle, add the urad daal, cumin seeds,curry leaves, peanuts, onion and asafoetida in it and saute on a medium heat for few seconds.
6. Now pour this tempering on idli better and mix well.
7. Now cover this mixture and set aside for 15 to 30 minutes. Meanwhile grease the idli moulds with minimal oil and boil the water in a steamer.
8. After 15 to 30 minutes add baking soda and lemon juice in it and mix well.
9. Now put a 1 table spoon idli batter into each of the greased idli mould and steam in a steamer for about 13 to 15 minutes or until the idlis are cooked.
10. Let them Cool and then demould them…Now mixed vegetables Oats idlis are ready to serve, enjoy them with sambhar, and coriander coconut chutney…😊