Valencia Orange Muffins
These fresh Valencia Orange Muffins are best treat and option for morning breakfast or tea time snacks. These muffins are absolutely delicious, moist, tender and have full freshness and delicate taste of orange.
Recipe just required maximum 10 minutes to prepare and 16 to 17 minutes for bake only. To make these muffins little healthier, i am using brown sugar instead of white sugar. Although in this recipe i am using valencia oranges, but you can also use any type of orange, either Mandarine or Navel orange or whatever easily available for you.
So lets begin to prepare these flavorful muffins today.
1.5 half cup all purpose flour
1 tea spoon baking powder
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
60 gm butter (unsalted)
1 table spoon cooking oil
1/4 cup condensed milk
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 table spoon orange zest
Luke warm milk as needed
1 tea spoon orange essense
2 or 3 drops of orange food color (optional)
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven at 180℃. Grease moulds or paper cups.
2. Now take a big bowl and add melted butter, oil, sugar, condensed milk, orange essence, orange zest in it and mix them well.
3. Sieve and mix all purpose flour baking powder and salt together and then keep aside.
4. Now add dry and wet ingredients together, if the batter is still thick add little milk and mix well.
5. Now pour this batter into greased moulds or paper cups and sprinkle some orange zest over them.
6. Tap the moulds lightly to even the batter.
7. Place them in to preheated oven and bake at 180℃ for 15 to 17 minutes.
8. After that check the muffin by inserting a tooth pick in it. If tooth pick comes out clean, its done. If its not clean then bake them again about 3 to 4 minutes then remove from the oven and let them cool before demoulding. Serve hot or cold with hot cup of tea or coffee……😊Enjoy!!