Spinach or Palak is a very healthy vegetable, it has iron, minerals, nutrients and many more healthy nutritions, in one word we can say this green bunch is another meaning of health.
Spinach is an easily available vegetable and cheap too so rather than using it in boring routine taste all time,
today will share something unique and really tasty recipe of palak.
This recipe is very good option for snacks and kids breakfast, lunch box too.
500 gram fresh spinach/palak leaves
250 gram chickpeas
200 gram paneer /cottage cheese or processed cheese
1 small onion (finely chopped)
2 green chillies
1 tea spoon chaat masala
1 tea spoon coriander powder
1/2 tea spoon garam masala
1 cup breadcrumbs
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon canola oil or any cooking oil
1. To prepare palak tikki, first you need to wash and soak the chickpeas atleast 8 hours or overnight.
2. Boil the soaked chickpeas until it cooked well. After boiling, drain excess water from it.Then keep aside.
3. Wash and blanch the palak leaves. Then squeeze out excess water from it.
4. Now take grinder jar, add palak, boiled chickpeas and green chillies in it and grind them well.
5. Take a big bowl and add this grinded mixture into the bowl, and then add all spices in this mixture, and mix them well. Keep this mixture into the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
6. Now cut the cottage cheese or processed cheese into small cubes or you can also grate it for the inside filling of the tikkies.
7. After 20 minutes add breadcrumbs into the mixture and mix well.
8. Heat a not stick pan and grease it with less oil.
9. Apply little bit oil on your both palms and take big lemon sized mixture from it and shape them into ball.
10. Now stuff this ball with grated cheese or cheese cubes and then give it to tikki shape.
11. Now place this tikki on hot greased pan and shallow-fry it until it becomes golden from both sides.
12. Then remove from the pan and keep it on absorbent paper. Likewise prepare all tikkies.
Now Healthy & Tasty Spinach Tikkies are ready to be served
Serve them with your favorite sauce or chatni or hot cup of tea.