Christmas Bundt Cake*
Fruit cake is one of the key element which is always enriching Christmas celebration. It is in demand throughout the year but fruit cake is traditionally served during the Christmas and that is how more important than normal period of the year. It is full of dry fruits and nuts.
Traditional version contain rum soaked fruits but today I will share quicker and easier version of Christmas cake. This bundt Christmas cake does not contain alcohol and eggs and yet its texture is filled with moist and taste will be as equal good as having egg in it.
In this recipe, I am using all the necessary fruit cake ingredients, like dried plum, tutti fruity, cherries, dried fruits, dates and some spices to make it more flavourful. So lets begin to prepare this rich and delicious cake on Christmas celebration.
1.5 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup luke warm milk
100 gram unsalted butter (room temperature)
Pinch of salt
1/4 tea spoon nutmeg powder
Pinch of cinnamon powder
1/2 tea spoon green cardmom powder
1 table spoon vanilla essence
1 tea spoon baking powder
1/2 tea spoon baking soda
1/2 tea spoon orange zest
1/2 tea spoon lemon zest
50 gram dried plum (seedless & chopped)
50 gram tutti fruity
100 gram walnuts (chopped)
100 gram almonds (chopped)
100 gram chashew nuts (chopped)
70 gram raisins
50 gram dates (seedless and chopped)
50 gram pineapple chunks
7 to 8 cherries (chopped)
1/2 tea spoon butter for greasing the cake tin or pan
(Preheat the oven to 350 degree F or 180℃ for at least 10 minutes. And grease the cake tin with butter and set aside)
1. To prepare this rich bundt cake, first you need to take a big bowl, now add plain flour, baking powder and baking soda in it.
2. Now mix this mixture with spoon and then sieve this flour two times and set aside.
3. Now again take a big bowl and add butter, brown sugar, condensed milk in it and beat them together until mixture become fluffy.
4. Now add cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, cardmom powder and vanilla essence in it and mix well.
5. Now add flour mixture into wet mixture and mix well. Remember do not overmix it.
6. Add orange zest, lemon zest, all nuts and fruits in it, and add milk as needed for the right consistency, then mix well.
7. Pour this batter into prepared cake pan or tin. Lightly tap it on the countertop. So batter will spread out evenly and if there are any air bubbles, will be removed as well.
8. Bake into preheat oven for 35 minutes.
9. Check the cake by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cake. If it comes out clean that means cake is ready.
Garnish as your choice and serve hot… or cold as your taste.. Merry Christmas!
Before adding mixed nuts in the batter, sprinkle some plain flour over them and spread it well .(Dusting the dried fruits with some flour before incorporating them in the batter helps in even distribution preventing them from sinking at the bottom of the cake).