The most famous flower, Rose can be used in various ways.
Although Roses have always been known as ornamental flowers but its health benefits are also amazing.
As we know rose petals are used to make sharbat/cold drinks, sweets or many more things, in the same way,
Gulkand is very well known product which is made from rose petals.
Gulkand is an ayurvedic preparation made out of selected rose petals and then sugar or honey is added to it.
It is used to treat many diseases like excess heat in the body, provides relief from acidity as it has cool properties. So you can treat this jam like a medicine as well.
Even gulkand can be used as a mouth freshener as well because it is also good for our digestion system, so lets prepare this aromatic, multipurpose jam today.
You need few ingredients, less effrorts, and 5 minutes only to prepare this useful recipe😊
250 gram fresh rose petals
100 gram sugar
2 table spoon fennel seeds(coarsely grinded)
2 table spoon honey
1. To prepare gulkand first we need to wash the rose petals, thoroughly wash them with water and then dry them on kitchen towel.
2. Now take a big bowl and add the rose petals in it.
3. Now add sugar in this bowl and crush the rose petals in sugar with your hands.
4. Heat a pan on medium flame and add this mixture into it.
5. Now stir it continuously, and add fennel seeds and honey as well.
6. Cook this mixture untill sugar get dissolved completely.
Now Gulkand is ready. Once it get cold completely serve as your choice and refrigerate the remaining mixture in an airtight container and you can use it up to 4 months.