Poha or Rice flakes are very good source of instant energy. It is very light and easy to digest, not only these benefits, even it is a good source of vital minerals, vitamins and iron too.
Poha is perfect for breakfast but you can have this as a snack too and replace unhealthy snacks with that like, chips and junk food. We all are very well aware about that it is light, healthy and good for diabetic patient as well, but once we add mix vegetables in it, they gives us additional benefits with yummy taste. It is easy to make recipe so lets prepare this healthy meal today.
1 cup poha/ flatten rice/rice flakes.
2 table spoon peanuts (dry roasted)
1 table spoon clarified butter
1/2 tea spoon mustard seeds
1/3 tea spoon cumin seeds
6 to 7 curry leaves
1 cup finely chopped mixed vegetables ( i used carrot, cabbage, green peas, capsicum)
2 Green chillies (chopped)
1 Onion (finely chopped)
1/2 tea spoon turmeric
50 gram fresh coriander (finely chopped)
2 table spoon fresh pomegranate seeds for garnishing
Salt to taste
1. To prepare healthy vegetable poha firstly we need to wash the poha and drain the water completely, and then keep it aside.
2. Take a pan and heat clarified butter in it. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and once they start to splutter add onion and curry leaves in it.
3. After 2 to 3 minutes add mixed vegetables in it. Saute them until they become soft.
4. Now add green chillies, salt turmeric and then cover the pan with lid and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes on low heat.
5. Now add poha and mix it very well, then add roasted peanuts and lime juice and mix well.
6. Now turn off the flame and garnish it with fresh pomegranate seeds and fresh coriander leaves.