Spicy Black Chickpeas Sprouts Salad/Chaat
Natural sprouts are good for health and mind development. They are wonder food due to its high nutritional value. Sprouts are associated with amazing health benefits, it ensures blood purification and strengthens the immune system.
There are many recipes of sprouts here and today i am gonna share one of them, this is spicy black Chickpeas salad. In this recipe i used some salad vegetables and spices along with sprouted black chickpeas/chana. So lets begin to make this super yummy salad…
1 Cup sprouted black chickpeas
1 small onion (finely chopped)
1 big tomato (finely chopped)
1 green chilli (finely chopped)
1 small boiled potato (cut into small cubes)
50 gram fresh coriander (finely chopped)
1/2 tea spoon black salt
1/2 tsp or as to taste rock salt
1 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp black pepper powder
1/2 tsp chaat masala
2 tsp lemon juice
1. To prepare Sprouted chana chaat, we need to soak the dry Chickpeas overnight or for 7-8 hours.
2. Once they are soaked, drain the water and tie them in a clean damp cotton cloth.
3. Place it in a plate/bowl or plastic box and keep it in a warm place for about 24 to 36 hours. Sprinkle water every 4 to 5 hours at regular intervals until sprouted.
4. Now Boil the sprouted black chickpeas till they are tender and strain the excess water(do not over cook).
5. Lets the sprouts cool, then take a big bowl add all ingredients together and mix well. Now spicy black chickpeas sprouts chaat is ready, garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and serve immediately…Enjoy!!😊
Handmade pickles are always the demanding pickles and reasons are very simple – we can trust the ingredients, we can trust the hygiene quality and moreover we all in love with that taste. Being expert in making almost all pickles, my grandmother always the best in making lemon pickle.
As a part of learning and also with intention to share that home made demanding recipe with you all – today i am going to follow the same which i learnt from massive experience holder my grand mother.
This is very easy recipe as ingredients are very easily available like basic spices salt, turmeric, chilli, some pickle spices kalonji mustard and all. I am also using oil because oil preserve lemon pickle for longer time. In this recipe you can also use limes instead of lemons.
15 to 17 lemons
1 tsp Kalonji
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp black pepper powder
2 tblsp mustard oil
2 tblsp rock salt
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
3 to 4 pinch Asafoetida
1 tsp red chilli powder
1. Take a deep pan and boil 3 cups of water in it.
2. Now turn the heat slow and add washed lemons in it. Let them simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. After 15 minutes, turn off the heat and drain out the water from lemons. Let them cool completely.
4. Now cut them in quarters or as per your desired shapes and deseed them.
5. Now add black pepper, salt, chilli powder, turmeric in it and mix well.
6. Now heat mustard oil in tadka pan. When oil is that hot that you can see smoke coming out of it, add mustard seeds in it. Then add kalonji and Asafoetida and remove the pan from the heat and add it into the spice mixed lemons chunks.
7. Mix it very well. Now tangy lemon pickle is ready. You can enjoy this tangy lemon pickle with rice, paratha, poori or as your choice……enjoy!!!😊