Pudina/Mint is a popular ingredient in several foods and beverages, there is no denying that mint tastes good and healthy too, whether you use it in juice, food, candy, toothpaste or something else.
During summer mint leaves are widely used in several things because of its coolant act, So in these hot days, my kitchen is also good fragrance with fresh mint leaves and by having inspiration from lots of recipes, i am also using mint in my recipe as well.
Its mint flavored rice, a super tasty and easy recipe. During summers you can have this dish in lunch or dinner as per your choice. You can also add mixed veggies to make this dish more flavorful and healthy too. So lets begin to prepare this flavourful recipe now…
1 medium bowl cooked rice
1 onion (finely chopped)
1 green chillies (finely chopped)
1 table spoon lemon juice
1 table spoon clarified butter or cooking oil
1/2 small bowl mixed vegetables (frozen)
1/2 tea spoon cumin seeds
2 pieces of green cardamom
1 piece star anise
1 small piece of cinnamon
1 tea spoon coriander powder
Salt to taste
2 table spoon water
1 small bowl mint paste
Ingredients for mint paste
1 cup mint leaves
2 green chillies
1 inch ginger piece
1 tea spoon lemon juice
1/3 tea spoon black salt
Pinch of asafoetida
Ground all mint paste ingredients together and convert them into paste.
1. Firstly we need to heat a pan on medium flame and add cumin seeds and whole spices in it.
2. When the whole spices turns slightly brown, add onion in it and saute until it also becomes light brown in color.
3. Now add frozen mixed vegetables in it and saute them for about 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Now add all spices and salt in it and saute about a minute.
5. Now add mint paste in it and let it cook on slow flame about 2 to 3 minutes, then add rice and 2 tablespoon of water in it and mix all gently with light hands.
5. On low flame, cover this pan with a lid and let it simmer for a minute and then turn off the flame.
6. Add 1 table spoon lemon juice in it and mix gently without mashing the rice.
7. Now super tempting Pudina Rice is ready to be served… this rice is best served with plain yogurt or laban!