Falafel are fried chickpeas fritters which are often served with tahini sauce. It is a typical middle eastern food, which is most popular in breakfast and as in snacks as well. Falafel are not only good in taste but even they are great source of protein as well. There are so many options to make this recipe, and here i am sharing traditional one. So lets begin to prepare falafel now..
1 cup dry chickpeas( raw)
1 onion (roughly chopped)
1 tea spoon cumin seeds
1 tea spoon coriander powder
1 inch ginger piece
50 gram fresh coriander leaves
1/2 tea spoon chaat masala
1/4 tea spoon mixed spice(garam masala)
1/4 tea spoon black pepper powder
1 table spoon lemon juice
2 green chillies
2 table spoon all purpose flour
Salt to taste
Oil for deep fry
1. To prepare this recipe firstly we need to wash and soak chickpeas for overnight or minimum 8 hours.
2. Now rinse and drain the chickpeas in a colander.
3. Add chickpeas to a food processor along with ginger, onion, green chillies, coriander, salt and all spices. Then process the mixture until it become a paste.
4. Now add all purposes flour and lemon juice in it and mix well, then refrigerate this mixture at least for an hour.
5. After one hour, heat oil in a pan and make lemon sized ball from the prepared mixture and fry them into hot oil on a medium flame until they turn golden in color. Then remove from the oil and place them on absorbent paper and serve hot with tahini sauce!