Best for kids and diabetic patients.
Bottle Gourd Treat is a wonderful nutritious breakfast Recipe and in fact recipe got a lot to add in life. Lauki or bottle gourd is a very common Indian vegetable and healthy too.
As we know that most of the people not like to eat lauki and especially kids, that why i make this recipe and this is the solution of your lauki phobia. In this recipe i served lauki appam with lauki rayta, and trust me this is too yummy in taste, and you must try to evaluate. This recipe is also good for diabetic patient and perfect idea for kids tiffin.
350 gram bottle gourd
1 cup oats
1 table spoon semolina
2 table spoon yogurt (fatfree)
1 small onion (finely chopped)
50 gram fresh coriander (chopped)
2 green chillies (finely chopped)
Salt to taste
Red pepper powder as to taste
1/4 tea spoon roasted cumin powder
1/2 tea spoon chat masala
Pinch of asafoetida
1/3 tea spoon baking powder
1 table spoon lemon juice
1 table spoon canola oil
Water as needed
1. To prepare this dish firstly, peel and grate lauki, and then steam it for about 10 to 12 minutes.
2. Now grind the oats and convert into powder.
3. Take a big bowl add oats powder in it, and then add semolina, yogurt, onion, green chillies, coriander, chat masala, salt, red pepper, asafotida, steamed bottle gourd in it and mix this mixture well.
4. Now add water and remember the consistency of this batter should be similar to idly batter. Cover and set aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. After 20 minutes, add baking powder and lemon juice in it and mix well. Then heat a non-stick appam pan and apply little bit oil on it.
6. Pour spoonful of the batter in 3/4 of the appam cavity.
7. Allow to cook this batter for 2 to 3 minutes on medium flame.
8. These appams are very soft so flipping must be accurate and proper. Turn each appam with the help of a wooden skewer.
9. Cook them until they turns golden from both sides.
Now bottle gourd appams are ready, serve them with bottle gourd rayta and enjoy this healthy treat with your family.