Gooseberry and chilli pickle (Amla mirch Achar)
Today i am going to share a very healthy and tasty pickle recipe. This is Gooseberry chilli mix pickle – Gooseberry is also known as Amla in hindi. Amla is a natural source of many minerals and vitamins. These berries are famous in all over the world for their benefits and they are now exported to many countries.
There are multiple ways of adding it to our diet, like murabba, pickle, amla powder, dried amla and many more items. And in this recipe i am sharing a tangy pickle made from Amla and to make it more spicy, i am using chilli in it.
300 gram gooseberries
100 gram green chillies
1.5 table spoon coriander powder
1.5 table spoon fennel (coarsely grounded)
1.5 tea spoon mustard seeds (coarsely grounded)
1/2 tea spoon turmeric powder
1/4 tea spoon asafoetida
2 table spoon mustard oil
Salt to taste
1. To prepare pickle, first wash the gooseberries and chillies separately.
2. Now boil half cup of water in a thick bottomed pan.
3. Add washed gooseberries in it, cover the pan with lid and simmer them for about 4 to 5 minutes.
4. Now turn off the flame and keep it aside for cooling.
5. Meanwhile cut the green chillies as your desire shape.
6. Now open the pan and drain the excess water from it.(don’t throw this water as it is very healthy, you can use it in curry, daal or as you want).
7. Now take a plate and keep gooseberries in it. Gently press the boiled gooseberry to separate the wedges and remove seeds as well.
8. Heat oil in a pan on medium flame, add all spices and saute them for a minute.
9. Now add amla pieces, prepared green chillies, asafoetida and salt in it. Mix all well together.
10. Cover and simmer for about 2 minutes. Then turn off the flame.
Amla chilli pickle is ready. You can serve this healthy pickle with poori, paratha, roti rice or as your choice.
Note… Don’t over cook the gooseberries.You can use this pickle up to one week.