“Dahi vada” is part of top street food list within North India and especially in Delhi.
It can be prepare from split moong daal(yellow lentil) or split urad daal (white lentil). But today i am sharing combination of both lentils recipe, that means in this recipe dahi vadas are prepared from mix of both lentils moong and urad daal.
Actually vadas are deep fried dumplings which are served in chilled yogurt with spicy green and sweet tamarind chatni. For make it more special we sprinkle fresh grounded spices on it which gives nice aroma and makes it more tempting . So lets prepare this mouth watering dish today..😊
1/2 cup split moong lentil/daal
1/2 cup split urad daal/white lentil
1/2 tea spoon black pepper powder
8 to 10 pepper corn (optional)
1/3 tea spoon black pepper powder
pinch of Asafoetida
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
1 cup chilled yogurt (whisked)
Coriander chutney as per taste.
Sweet tamarind chutney as per taste.
Pinch of roasted cumin powder
Pinch of chat masala
Pinch of black pepper powder
Pinch of salt or as per taste
1. To prepare Dahi Vadas – first of all wash the both lentils and soak them separately with enough water for 6-7 hours.
2. Drain the excess water and grind them together with the help of little water. ( make sure you do not grind it to a fine paste).
3. Now take a big bowl and add this mixture in it and then beat the mixture till the mixture gets fluffy.
4. Now add salt, black pepper powder, pepper corn, asafoetida in it and mix well.
5. Heat the oil and take out 1 tea spoon of batter and gently put it in the oil. Place as many as possible at a time.
6. Fry these balls on medium flame until they turns golden in color.
7. Place an absorbent paper on the plate and take them out on it.
8. Now Vadas are ready for serving.
9. For serving—-
1. Take 2 cups of warm water in a big bowl and dip 8 to10 vadas in this warm water for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
2. After 15 minutes take them out from the water and squeeze the water out and keep them in serving plate.
3. Pour the chilled yogurt over them, then add some green chatni and tamarind chatni.
4. Now sprinkle some black pepper powder, salt, roasted cumin powder on it and garnish with mint or coriander leaves….Now this super tempting Dahi vadas are ready to be served… Enjoy!!😊