Basically Paneer kheer is a Bengali dessert, It is also known as chenna kheer in Bengal.
As per reviews that we had, it is not only the super mouth watering dessert of India but even outside India too. You can prepare this kheer on any special occasion and for sure that new dessert will add lot of value in taste.
This is one of the easy recipe but yes little bit of time consuming as well but for sure its taste worth the time we arranging it.
Paneer kheer is purely milk based recipe. I am using home made paneer but for easier use, you can get it from outside… So lets get started to make this delicious dessert.
1 liter full cream milk.
250 gram cottage cheese (grated).
1/2 cup sugar.
50 gram pistachios (chopped)
50 gram cashews (chopped)
1 pinch saffron
1/2 tea spoon green cardamom powder
1. To prepare paneer kheer first of all we need to heat the milk in a thick bottom pan.
2. Boil the milk and then let it simmer utill it becomes thicker in consistency.
3. Once milk has thickened, add paneer, cardamom powder, saffron, sugar and chopped dry fruits in it.
4. Cook this mixture on low heat for about 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Now remove it from the flame and garnish with dry fruits and saffron.
I love chilled kheer but you can serve as your choice warm or cold!