Chilli Pickle Maharashtrian style
Basic Chilli Pickle
Pickles are my most demanding thing when during lunch or dinnner and feeling is always more better when its home made.
Handmade pickles are always the trustworthy pickles and reasons are very simple – we can trust the ingredients, we can trust the hygiene quality and moreover we all in love with that taste.
As a part of learning and also with intention to share that home made demanding recipe with you all – today i am going to share chilli pickle recipes with two method. Both are very simple and easy to make, even though ingredient are almost same but tastes are different. Hope you all like both methods.
*Chilli Pickle Maharashtrian Style*
10 to 12 green chillies(chopped).
5 Tblsp split mustard seeds (yellow or black).
3 Tbsp fennel seeds (grounded)
3 Tbsp coriander seeds (grounded)
1/2 cup mustard oil
1/2 tsp asafoetida
1.5 tsp turmeric powder
1.5 tblsp salt
2 tblsp lime juice
1. To prepare Chilli pickle, first we need to wash and wipe dry the chillies.
2. Now chop them in one inch size or small pieces keep aside.
3. Now coarsely ground the mustard seeds.
4. Take a big bowl add grounded mustard seeds and all spices in it. Then add lemon juice.
5. Now take tadka pan and heat mustard oil in it untill it becomes Smokey. Then slowly pour the hot mustard oil over the mixed spices.
6. Now mix it very well and then add chopped chillies in it and mix well.
7. Now chilli pickle is ready. Keep it in the strelized jar. You can keep this pickle for 2 to 3 days at room temperature. So enjoy this spicy chilli pickle with puri, pratha, rice, chapati or as your choice….enjoy!
*Basic Chilli Pickle*
15 Green pepper
7 Tbsp Coriander seeds (coarsely grounded)
5 Tbsp Fennel seeds (coarsely ground)
2 Tbsp Mustard seeds
2.5 TSp Salt
Pinch of asafoetida
1 Tsp turmeric
3 Tbsp mustard oil
(It is highly advised to wear gloves while preparing chilly pickle. It will help to avoid burning sensation)
1. To prepare chilli pickle, first wash and dry the chillies and cut a vertical length wise slit in each one.
2. Take a big bowl add all spices coriander, fennel seeds, mustard, asafoetida salt turmeric and mix well.
3. Now heat oil until it turns hot and pour over the dry ingredients mixture and mix well.
4. Stuff the spice mix into the green pepper and place in a sterilised glass jar.
5. Chilli pickle is ready. You can eat it as it is or after 2 or 3 days it becomes more tasty, you can enjoy this chilli pickle with chapati, pratha, poori or as your taste.
You can refrigerate use chilly pickle up to one month.