#Navratri Special Recipe
Barnyard Millet Mini Idli is one of the amazing option during fasting or especially during Navratri vrat. As we all aware that we can either have samvat rice or barnyard millet during Navratri fast so lets try this easy and healthy recipe and you will find a major difference in taste and positive body routine.
Its difficult to eat fruits, juices and some oily food all the time. So i made samvat rice idli today. Its a oil free and super tasty dish which is quite easy to make and also easy to digest and off course a big help to change your taste…
200gm barnyard Millet or samvat rice(coarsely grounded).
180 gm yogurt.
1/4 cup water.
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
Rock salt as per taste
1 tsp clarified butter for greasing.
1 small carrot (grated)
50 gm fresh coriander (chopped)
2 green chillies (chopped)
1. To prepare Mini idli, first we need to whisk the yogurt in a bowl and add gronded samvat rice into it.
2. Mix them well and add chopped carrot, green chilli, rock salt and black pepper powder in it.
3. Whisk the mixture once again, cover and set aside for 20 minutes.
4. After 20 minutes check the mixture consistency and make sure that the mixture should not neither too thick nor too thin. You can add water if required.
5. Grease the ildi moulds with minimum clarified butter.
6. Now pour batter in moulds evenly. Fill only 1 tea spoon batter in each.
7. Take half cup water in microwave safe idli mould base and arrange both idli stand over it.
8. Now cover and cook on high for 2 minutes only.
9. Then take them out of the microwave. Keep them covered with a lid for 2 mins.
Now garnish with grated carrot and coriander leaves….You can serve them with coconut chatni, tomato chatni or pomegranate rayta….hope you all like this super easy and yummy dish in your navrati fast or whenever you want you eat something light and healthy……..Enjoy!!😊