- Curd and Rice both are very healthy ingredients to make any dish. The combination of both means taste, health and perfect option for a healthy meal. Yes today i am going to share an easy and super delicious recipe of Curd rice with mint flavor. This is one of the quick and easy recipe. Though Curd rice is a popular south indian dish but people like it in all over india because of its taste.
This recipe needs only few easily available ingredients. There are many ways to make curd rice, somewhere people add mix salad veggies in it, and somewhere they use fruits but both options are good so you can add fruits and veggies according to Your comfort. I used fresh mint leaves to gives it a fresh and different flavor. This recipe is perfect option for kids lunch box too. Hope you will like it.
1/2 cup raw white rice
1 cup yogurt/curd
20 mint leaves
1 teaspoon cooking oil
1/4 cup milk
1 inch ginger piece(finely chopped)
1 carrot (small) grated
Fresh coriander leaves (finely chopped)
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 green chilli (chopped)
Pinch of Asafoetida/hing
8 curry leaves (fresh or dry)
1. To prepare curd rice with mint flavor, first we need to wash and soak rice for 15 minutes.
2. Now take a deep pan or rice cooker, add 1 and 1/4 cups of water, soaked rice, mint leaves and pinch of salt in it. Cook the rice until they become very soft.
3. Now whisk the curd without adding water because this recipe required thick consistency of yogurt.
4. Mash the rice lightly and when rice cool completely, add whisked yogurt and Milk in it.
5. For Tempering – heat oil in a small pan, add mustard in hot oil, let it splutter. Then add fresh mint leaves, carrot,coriander leaves, curry leaves and salt.
6. Now pour seasoning and mix well, then keep them into refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes Garnish them with Pomegranate seeds and mint leaves. Then mint flavor Curd rice is ready to serve…..Enjoy!!😊
If you are using fresh yogurt/curd that time you can avoid adding milk.
When you ‘ll add curd and rice together, make sure rice should be cool.
For some spicy flavor you can also add little bit black pepper powder in it.