Cheesy bread discs are like drops of water in desert when you are hungry and need some quality food. This is a quick appetizer recipe made with bread, cheese and veggies. I am also using Mozzarella cheese but you can skip it in case you dont like it or like to avoid it.
To add spicy flavor, i am using chilly sauce but you can skip this ingredient as per your taste. Or on other side, if you like to adjust the spiciness then you can increase or decrease the quantity of tomato sauce.
There can be multiple options for adding vegetables like carrots, capsicum, olives, mushroom, broccoli etc. You can add or remove vegetables as per your choice. I am going to share recipe in oven method but you can also make it on non stick tawa or pan.
8 bread slices (white or brown)
1 tblsp chopped tomato
1 tblsp chopped onion
1 tblsp finely chopped coloured capsicums (red, yellow, green)
1 tbsp chopped carrot (optional)
1 tblsp sweet corn
2 tblsp grated cottage cheese
2 tblsp grated mozzarella cheese
1 tsp black paper powder
1/2 tsp organo leaves
2 tblsp tomato ketchup
1 tsp chilli sauce (optional)
1 tsp butter
Salt to taste
1. First of all we are preparing discs, take a circle cookie cutter(to get maximum big circle from the bread) and cut all bread slices to circles(as shown in picture).
2. Now take four round bread slices and cut smaller rings out of them(as shown in picture). Now cover all the slices and keep them aside.
3. For filling, take a big bowl, now add all chopped veggies and Spices in it.
4. Then add 1 tblsp tomato ketchup, 1 tblsp cottage cheese, 1 tblsp mozzarella cheese and crushed organo leaves in it and mix them well.
5.Now take a medium bowl and add soft butter, remaining tomato ketchup, chilli sauce, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, pinch of salt and pinch of black pepper powder in it and mix it well.
6. Now preheat the oven on 180℃.
7. Now apply prepared butter spread on all four round shapes slices.
8. Now cover all of prepared slices with bread ring (as shown in picture).
9. Press the edges lightly so that the rings stick to the slice properly.
10. In the centre of the ring, put a tbsp of cheesy veggies filling (as shown in pictures).
11. Place all the ring in a baking tray and bake them in preheated oven for about 7 to 8 minutes or until they become golden in color.
Now cheesy bread disks are ready. Serve them with tomato ketchup or hot cup of tea or as your choice….. Enjoy😊!!