Today i am going to share an easy and quick dessert recipe which will add more colors and brightness to Special “Basant Panchmi occasion”. This is almost the beginning of spring season and season of blossom flowers so in line with that – we can see many varieties of yellow dishes on occasion of Basant Panchmi.
Basant Panchami is celebrated on the fifth day of Magh Masa ( During mid of Jan or Feb). This festival is especially considered for lover of art and education. Basant panchami is also celebrated as the birthday of Goddess Saraswati… So my this recipe is dedicated to Goddess Saraswati..
This is popular indian dessert – Rava Kesari or Kesari Halwa. It is one of the easiest dessert recipe made by Samolina, pure ghee, sugar and nuts only. So Lets celebrate Basant Panchami with this delicious dessert
1/2 Cup semolina/suji/rava.
3 Tablespoon pure ghee/clarified butter.
4 Tablespoon sugar.
1 and 1/3 cups of water.
Pinch of saffron.
1 Teaspoon milk.
1/3 Teaspoon green cardamom powder.
2 Tablespoon mixed dry fruits as per your choice.
Pinch of kesari food color.
1. Take a non-stick pan, add semolina and clarified butter in it.
2. Now on medium flame, roast them until nice aroma comes out from it(stir continuously).
3. Meanwhile take 1 teaspoon milk and soak pinch of saffon in it.Keep aside.
4. When rava roast evenly and turn into light golden in color, then add water, sugar, pinch of kesari food color and soaked saffron, as well stir continuously to avoid forming lumps.
5. Now add cardmom powder, dry fruits and cook it for more 3 or 4 minutes. Now Kesari halwa or Rava kesari is ready to be served….Happy Basant panchami!!