Bottle gourd or Lauki is a very common Indian vegetable and it is full of nutritional value. It is highly recommended in Ayurveda. There are lots of healthy recipes of bottle gourd but… in my thoughts only few are tasty out of them, because i am not lauki lover😜. So today I am sharing a tasty one which is very delicious in taste and also healthy during festival season. Yes this is bottle gourd burfi. This is very easy recipe you can make this sweet on any festival or when you like eat somthing sweet. In this recipe i am using only few ingredients.. grated bottle gourd, sugar, khoa or milk powder and some nuts only……
1.5 cup grated bottle gourd
1/2 cup + 1tbsp sugar
1/2 cup Khoa or milk powder
2 tbsp pure ghee
1 tbsp chironji
1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
1 tbsp almonds (Chopped)
1 tbsp melon seeds
1 or 2 drops of green food color(optional)
1. First squeeze out the excess water from grated bottle gourd.
2. Now heat a thick bottomed pan and add 2 tbsp of ghee and grated bottle gourd in it.
3. Mix it well and cover and cook it on low flame for 6 to 7 minutes.
4. Meanwhile grease a plate with ghee.
5. Now add sugar and mix well. Again cover and cook for 5 minutes.
6. After 5 minutes add milk powder, cardamom powder, and some nuts in it.(stir continuousl)
7. Cook it for few more minutes until it turn thick in consistency. Now Add green food color and mix well.
8. Remove from heat, pour into the greased tray and spread evenly.
9. Sprinkle melon seeds crushed dry fruits and chironji on it. Keep aside and when it cool completely cut into desire shapes…. serve and enjoy!!