Today i am going to share an easy and super tempting recipe …. Yup this is spicy Paneer tikka recipe … Although the most traditional way is to cook it in clay oven or we can use stove but i am going to use oven method which is best and time efficient. Paneer tikka can be used as starter of your party or you can use it as side dish. This recipe uses hung curd and other spices as marinade. Colorful veggies and cottage cheese cubes makes it tempting and tasty .. So lets begin to make this super tempting starter in oven..
300 gm cottage cheese or paneer
1 Green capsicum
1 Yellow capsicum
1 Red capsicum
1 Cup hung yogurt
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp mixed spice or garam masala
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp chat masala
Bamboo skewers as needed
Salt to taste
1. If you are using wooden skewers like me then submerge in the water for 15 to 20 minutes. At the time of using, wipe them. And if using metal skewers, use as it is, no need to soak them.
2. For hung curd you need to take yogurt in muslin cloth, put it in the strainer for 1-2 hrs and let all the water drain out).
3. Meanwhile cut veggies into 1 inch and cube the paneer (as shown in pictures).
4. Now add this thick yogurt in a bowl. And add all the spices, ginger paste and salt in it, Mix it well.
5. Now mix all ingredients together and cover it with plastic wrap and let paneer and veggies marinade in the fridge for at least 4 hrs.
6. Now preheat the oven to 180 ℃. Meanwhile line a baking tray with aluminum foil.
7. Apply some oil on prepared tray and then arrange the veggies and paneer on the prepared skewer(as shown in pictures).
8. Apply some oil on the prepared tikka sticks and bake them in preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes.
9. After 15 minutes remove it, flip it and brush with oil and then again bake for 10-12 minutes.
Now hot spicy paneer tikka is ready to serve… Garnish with lemon slices and enjoy paneer tikka with spicy green chutney….😊