Fried Sama ke Chawal
(Navratri special recipe)
The nine day fast festival of Navratri is celebrated in the honor of Goddess Durga. Navratri fasting period is approaching soon and Samvat rice is one of the type which is allowed during that fasting period. Samvat rice are good source of proteins and carbohydrates. There are lots of fast dishes which can be prepared by samvat rice bt today i am making fried satvik rice from them. This dish is super yummy & tasty after having this, i am sure you will like navtari fast more than before…..So lets prepare this satvik dish in my way.
1 cup samvat rice or vrat ke chawal
2 tbsp pure ghee
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
3-4 black pepper
2 green chillies (chopped)
1 small potato (peeled & cubed)
1 tomato (chopped)
1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
150 gram homemade cottage cheese (cubed)
1 tsp lemon juice
Rock salt/sendha namak as required
1. Wash and soak samvat rice for 20 minutes.
2. Now heat 2.5 cups of water in a sauce pan and add soaked samvat rice, cubed potatoes in it and cook until u feel that it is cooked properly(cook on medium heat)
3. In a pan – heat ghee, add cumin seeds, black pepper and cashews and saute until cumin splutters.
4. Now add tomato and green chillies cook it for about 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Now add salt and cook it for few minutes on low heat.
.6 Now add cooked samvat rice and mix it well.
7. Now switch off the flame and add lemon juice and coriander leaves mix well. Again cover the pan and let it sit for 15 minutes.
Fried Samvat rice is ready to serve now, server hot with plain yogurt…..enjoy