*Milk Powder Chhena Burfi*
Milk powder or khoya chhena burfi is a very delicious indian sweet.You can make it on any special occasion like Holi, Diwali , Rakhshabandhan or anytime whenever you are in mood to eat somthing sweet.It is very easy to prepare and very delicious in taste, for prepare this yummy sweet you just need chhena, milk powder, condensed milk, clarified butter, food color (optional) and some pistachios only. So lets celebrate this Rakshabandhan with this delicious indian sweet Milk powder chhena burfi.
1.5 liter Milk
2 tbsp lime juice or white vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk powder
1 cup condensed milk
4 green cardamom (crushed)
3 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
1 tbsp pistachios (chopped)
1/8 tsp saffron (optional)
1 or 2 drops yellow food color (optional).
1. We need to prepare chhena first. Boil the milk on high heat in a thick bottomed pan.
2. As soon as milk starts boiling turn the heat medium and then add white vinegar or lime juice in it. Keep on stirring the milk very slowly with a spoon.
3. In about 2-3 minutes complete whey will be seprated from chhena, pour the curdled milk into pan or bowl lined with a thin cotton napkin.
4. Once you are done adding all the curdle milk then bring together the edges of the cotton napkin and gently squeeze out the remaining whey from it.
5. Rinse the collected bundle of chenna in water, by this you will get rid of the after taste and smell of both lime juice or vinegar,keep a weight on the chenna bundle for 6 to 7 minutes.
6. Chenna is ready now.
7. Now mash the chhena coarsely and add sugar, condensed milk, cardamom powder and ghee. Mix well.
8. Now heat the mixture in a thick bottom pan.
9. When sugar completely dissolve add milk powder and cook on medium heat with constant stirring until the mixture become thick and starts leaving the sides of the pan.
10. Switch off the flame and spread onto a greased plate. And garnish with pistachios and saffron.
11. Cool and cut into squares or your desire shapes. And decorate with food color as shown in pictures. Now your delicious Milk powder chhena burfi is ready to serve……Enjoy & Happy Rakshabandhan.😊