1. Cottage cheese (paneer)—- 300 gm
2. Green capsicum—- 1
4. Oil— 3 tbsp
5. Tomato—- 3 medium
6. Grated ginger—- 1 tbs
7. Green chilli—- 1
8. Pinch of Asafoetida
9. Cumin seeds—1 tsp
10. Chopped coriander—-1 tbs
11. Dry fenugreek leaves—- 2 tbs
12. Salt adjust to taste
13. Turmeric—-1/2 tsp
14. Red chilli powder—-1/2 tsp
15. Cooking cream—- 2 tbs (optional)
For kadai masala
Dry coriander —-2 tbs
Fennel seeds—-2 tbs
Cumin seeds—1/2 tsp
Black pepper—1/2 tsp
Dry kashmiri chilli— 1
1. First roast all spices of kadai masala in a pan on a low flame till aromatic.
2. After 15 minutes grind them coarsely. Keep aside.
3. Now cut the cheese and capsicum into half inch cubes.
4. Blend tomato and chilli to make a puree.
5. Heat the oil in a fry pan on medium heat and fry capsicum about 2 minutes. Take them out and drain on a paper towel.
6. Now using the same pan,test the oil by adding one Cumin seed to the oil,if seed crack right away oil is ready.
7. Add Asafoetida and cumin seeds.
8.After the cumin seeds crack add tomato puree,grated ginger,fenugreek leaves,turmeric,red chilli powder and kadai masala.
9. Tomato mixture will reduce to about half in volume then add salt.
10. Now add the cheese and capsicum and let it simmer for about five minutes on low medium heat then add 2 tbs cream and garnish with coriander.
Now kadai paneer is ready to serve.