Ash gourd sweet
*Ingredients for Ash gourd sweet*
1. Ash gourd or winter melon—800gm
2. Sugar—2 cups
3. Alum powder—1 tsp
4. Water—1 cup
5. Rose essence—1/2 tsp
6. Cardamom powder—1/2 tsp
7. Coconut powder for garnished.
How to make…
1. First of all we wash,peel and remove seeds with white part of ash gourd.
2. Prick the fork and cut into big pieces.
3. Now dissolve the alum powder in the water enough to soak all pieces.
4. Keep aside for 4 to 5 hrs.
5. After 5 hrs take out the pieces from alum water and wash the pieces from plain water minimum 4 to 5 times.
6. Now take the enough water in a pan and half boil or blanch the ashgourd in this water.
7. After 5 minutes off the flame and drained out the pieces with the help of strainer.
8. Now take 2 cup sugar and 1 cup water in a pan and cook it until sugar dissolve completely then add the pieces in it.
9. Let it boil on medium heat until it turns crystal clear glossy or about 30 minutes.
10. After 30 minutes off the flame and add cardamom powder and rose essence in it,and keep aside for 6 to 7 hours.
11. After 7 hrs take out the pieces from sugar syrup and place them on wire net placed on top of plate extra syrup get drained out.