Sugar 3 cups
4tblspn lime juice or white vinegar Cashew 10 to 12
Green cardamom 6 to 7
Yellow food color
Rose essence 1tsp
Saffron 1/8 tsp
How to make
1. We need to prepare chena first.boil the milk on high heat in a thick bottomed pan.
2. As soon as milk starts boiling turn the heat medium and then add white vinegar or lime juice in it.keep on stirring the milk very slowly with a spoon.
3. In about 2-3 minutes complete whey will be seprated from chena ,pour the curdled milk into pan or bowl lined with a thin cotton napkin.
4. Once you are done adding all the curdle milk then bring together the edges of the cotton napkin and gently squeeze out the remaining whey from it.
5. Rinse the collected bundle of chenna in water this will get rid of the after taste and smell of both lime juice or vinegar,keep a weight on the chenna bundle for 6 to 7 minutes.
6. Chenna is ready now,take out chena in a big plate and knead with your fingers until smooth,add some drop’s of yellow color and knead again.
7. Cut cashew and pistachios into small piece,peel and crush cardamom for making powder,mix 1tblspn chenna and chopped dry fruits for making stuffings and prepare rajbhog balls now.
8. Divide chenna into small equal part take one chenna part and flatten in with your hands,make a well and place 1/4tsp stuffing in it,lift up the chenna from all sides and close the stuffing nicely and roll it back.
9. Now take sugar in any big utensil and add 7 cups of water,cook until sugar melts compleletly,sugar doesn’t need to be of one or two thread consistency.
10. when syrup start boiling place rajbhog into it one by one.keep the flame high,cover and cook the rajbhog.
11. Cook rajbhog in boiling syrup for 20 minutes,when rajbhog will get fridge add saffron and rose essence .
Beautiful,super sweet,spongy RAJBHOG are ready……..by Roop